MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Seven women and one man were arrested during an undercover prostitution sting in Myrtle Beach.
The suspects were arrested via an internet-based solicitation service, according to the Myrtle Beach Police Department. The operation, conducted but the department’s street crimes unit, happened Thursday night around the 900 block of Harrelson Boulevard near Seaboard Street.
Police said “take downs” were conducted on all the suspects who were arrested and then they were taken to the Myrtle Beach jail.
Those arrested and charged with prostitution and curfew/loitering include Amanda Nails, 35, Angela Dewitt, 38, Lauren Bishop, 43, Rudy Tumer, 34, Stephanie Walker, 39, Christine Giurco, 38, Brandie Mertens, 22, and Jamie Hassett, 49.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Small monkey scratches woman near Myrtle Beach Safari
- Mom accused of killing son, 10, after trying to cut out his tongue
- Randolph County family finds multiple dead dogs in tenant’s home; animal cruelty investigation underway
- Paradise in limbo: Land condemnation for border wall threatens popular South Texas birding preserve
- Body count from drug cartel wars earns Mexican cities label of ‘most violent in the world’