FOX8 is getting multiple reports of trees down and damage throughout the Piedmont Triad after Tropical Storm Zeta moved through the area.
The 6100 block of Tobaccoville Road is closed due to a massive tree falling.
A large tree fell on a home in Summerfield.
N.C. 65 in Rockingham County is closed in both directions at Hancock Road due to a fallen tree in power lines.
Dona Road is closed in both directions due to a downed tree and powerlines near Old Julian Road in Greensboro, according to NCDOT.
U.S. 311 is closed in both directions after a tree came down on power lines in Rockingham County, southwest of Eden.
One person was trapped after a crash, according to Winston-Salem Fire Department. Crews shut down Robinhood Road at Silas Creek Parkway.
Have damage? Please submit your photo using the Submit your Photo button below – please include your location and be safe!
The Greensboro Police Department issued the following statement:
“Due to severe weather, the city is experiencing significant power outages, trees that are down blocking roadways, and traffic signal outages. Motorists are advised to avoid travel if possible and use caution if travel is necessary.”
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Greensboro family escapes carbon monoxide poisoning on Thanksgiving Day thanks to detector
- Man found dead in Virginia river in October identified as missing High Point man; no signs of foul play
- 2 injured in head-on crash in Kernersville
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy
- Technology helping Santa save Christmas