More victims, charges come forward in Greensboro crime spree


Isaiah Jurel Fox and Charles Anthony Walker Jr. (left to right)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Greensboro Police Department Captain Mike Richey said 26-year-old Isaiah Jurel Fox was acting under the influence of drugs as he carried out 11 crimes in less than two hours Tuesday in downtown Greensboro.

Richey said the department made advancements in the case Wednesday, obtaining new surveillance videos that shows two additional attempted break-ins. Richey also said one more breaking and entering victim came forward.

The total number of victims is now nine and the total number of charges against Fox is 21.

Those charges include assault with a deadly weapon with the intent to kill inflicting serious injury, four counts of breaking and entering, three counts of auto theft, second-degree kidnapping and assault on a child under 12 years old.

Richey said the kidnapping and assault on a child charges stem from one incident late in the crime spree.

"Fox broke into a house and grabbed a small child," Richey said. "And threatened the child's life. The child was able to get away. As the child got away, he ran to his mother and his mother then shielded the child with her body. And he then struck the mom several times."

Police said the first incident in the crime rampage was an armed robbery of the TJ Maxx on West Wendover Avenue. For that, police said Fox worked with 50-year-old Charles Anthony Walker, who served as the getaway driver.

Walker's criminal history includes serving more than a decade on death row for a 1992 Greensboro murder, and arrests for cyberstalking and possession of firearm by a felon, among others.

Fox's arrest record includes breaking and entering, robbery with a firearm, receiving or transferring stolen vehicles and larceny.

Walker was taken into custody without incident during a traffic stop after the TJ Maxx robbery, but Fox fled on foot.

Nearly two hours later, Fox was ultimately shot by two Greensboro police detectives Tuesday when they say Fox confronted them. The State Bureau of Investigation is handling that part of the investigation.

Fox was taken to the hospital in critical condition, but police said his "critical" status was because of the amount of drugs Fox had in his system, and not because of the gunshot wound. As of Wednesday evening, Fox was listed in stable condition and police said he is expected to be released Thursday.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter