This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PARIS — A French model and lifestyle blogger was killed when a faulty whipped cream dispenser exploded and hit her in the chest.

Rebecca Burger was a well-known blogger who had more than 168,000 followers on Instagram. She died after the dispenser’s impact caused her to go into cardiac arrest, according to the BBC.

A family member later posted about the incident on her Instagram page, warning readers that the canisters could still be in circulation.

60 Million Consumers, a French consumer magazine, said faulty connectors on the gas capsules could break, launching a potentially dangerous projectile. Injuries caused by the issued included broken teeth, fractures and in one case, the loss of an eye. The magazine wrote that dispensers made since 2015 appear to be safe.

A French government office issued a warning about the canisters, with some accidents dating back to 2010.