MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — It’s called Aunt Edna’s Mayberry Button Upper named in honor of Robert Atkins mother.
“She took a paper clip and little bit of wire and used it to button up baby clothes,” said Atkins. “Her fingers were getting age on them.”
Atkins decided to make his own version using welding rods. It’s a tedious process and he enjoys it.
“It’s just interesting and gives an old man something to do,” he said.
The button uppers pretty much sell themselves because once they try it they’re hooked.
You can find the button uppers at several local drug stores or call (336) 786-4802.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Half of US restaurant owners say they can’t hire enough workers: What is the real cause of the shortage?
- Fauci says he’s ‘not so sure’ kids should have to get vaccine to return to school
- Colonial Pipeline touts ‘substantial progress’ after restarting pipeline operations; gas expected to start arriving Thursday
- McDonald’s to raise wages by average of 10% across US
- North Carolina facing about 7 to 14 days of ‘headaches’ as Colonial Pipeline reopens, GasBuddy reports