CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Johnston County road washed out by flooding where 2 children died reopens with new bridge
- In spite of warnings, migrants keep showing up at border campsite in Tijuana
- ‘They finally stop living in fear’: Advocates reflect on return of asylum-seekers to US
- Lady Gaga’s dogs, stolen after thieves shot dogwalker, recovered safely
- Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot renounces group, but judge says she’s too dangerous for release