Man shocked in shower says company responsible, ‘left him out to dry’

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

COLONIAL HEIGHTS, Va. — A tree trimming accident nearly cost a Virginia man his life, even though he was inside his home.

Fire investigators said a tree branch clipped a power line and sent a surge of electricity into Jonah Pennington’s water pipes while he was taking a shower.

“Midway through the shower light bulbs started popping,” Pennington told WTVR. “People don’t normally live from electric shocks that happened to me.”

The accident happened on March 17 and now Pennington said he has been forgotten.

He said he was left with expensive medical bills and a lifetime worth of side effects from the accident.

“No one will accept responsibility,” Pennington told WTVR.

Pennington told WTVR he still cannot feel his hands and feet, his back aches and he has trouble walking.

Now he is out of a job and said the tree company, Long Greenwood Tree Service, has not given him any assistance with his rehabilitation.

Pennington has filed a $1 million lawsuit against the tree company and his old landlord.  Officials told Pennington his rented house was not properly grounded.

The tree service said they do not believe Pennington sustained all of his injuries in the accident.

Pennington said his doctor would disagree.

 

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter