Man injured in Winston-Salem apartment fire

News

(Stock photo)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Firefighters say a man was injured Wednesday afternoon in an apartment fire in Winston-Salem.

The fire was reported shortly after 3 p.m. at 423 South Hawthorne Road.

Firefighters discovered a fire in the hallway of Apartment B, where an injured occupant was also found.

The adult male was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center by ambulance.  It was not clear how serious his injuries were.

The fire was caused by an unattended candle, fire officials said.

The man who was injured was the only resident who was displaced.

No other details were available.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter