ASHEBORO, N.C. — A man is dead after he was hit by a pickup truck on Old Liberty Road in Randolph County, according to the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office.
At about 5:36 p.m. Wednesday, troopers responded to a crash on Old Liberty Road, near Wicker Lovell Road, in Randolph County.
Troopers say 38-year-old Brandon Timothy Smith, of Fancy Gap, Virginia, was walking northeast when a Ford pickup driving northeast hit him.
Another Ford pickup heading northeast then collided with the truck that had struck Smith.
The second Ford then ran off the road to the right and got back onto the road.
Smith died at the scene.
The crash remains under investigation but no charges have been filed.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- City of Archdale approves one of the largest developments in the city’s history
- Man dies in crash on I-74 in High Point
- Interactive border-wall mural offers glimpse into lives of deported migrants
- NC State researcher says there is a lot more to ‘Southern accents’ than people realize
- Michigan’s Alex Rose falls short in discus prelims