HENRY COUNTY, Va. — A man who was found dead in the Smith River in October has been identified, according to a news release from the Henry County Sheriff’s Office.
On Oct. 29, the Martinsville-Henry County 911 center received a call from someone who said they saw a man floating face down in the Smith River.
Following an investigation, the man was identified as Edward Harrison Ariail, 67, of High Point.
Ariail had been reported missing out of High Point on Oct. 23 and a Silver Alert was issued.
The sheriff’s office said Ariail suffered from dementia.
The preliminary autopsy results showed no apparent signs of foul play or homicide, the sheriff’s office said.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Police identify victims after man and teen killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Helmet cam video shows Winston-Salem firefighters face fire on Sides Village Drive; 12 people displaced
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship
- Chiefs’ Reid, Bills’ McDermott to match wits for AFC title