LEXINGTON, N.C. — A man is in custody after allegedly shooting and killing another man at a party in Lexington, according to a Lexington Police Department news release.
At 11:50 p.m. on Aug. 15, Lexington police responded to a call about a shooting in the area of 702 Dixie Street.
Responding officers found a large crowd in the area and a victim with a gunshot wound in a home on 702 Dixie Street.
Officers administered life saving measures until Davidson County EMS arrived on scene.
The victim, Melvin Charles Clark Jr., 35, of Lexington, was taken to WFU Lexington Medical Center by EMS and later died from his injuries.
On Tuesday, police charged Brienden Dewayne Lytch-Haywood, of High Point, on a murder charge. He was held in Guilford County under no bond.
Information gathered at the scene indicates that a party was happening at the home and unknown suspects started shooting.
Multiple spent shell casings were found at the scene, and several vehicles were shot.
Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, Denton Police Department and North Carolina Highway
Patrol assisted with crowd control.
Police ask that anyone with information regarding this incident contact the Lexington Police
Department at (336) 243-3302 or Lexington Area Crime Stoppers at 336-243-2400.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- 4-year-old dies from apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in High Point, police say; mother charged with child abuse
- Families concerned about state of Randleman cemetery
- Guilford County health official says COVID metrics in Piedmont trending in wrong direction
- Eden man says battle with COVID-19 is changing people’s minds about vaccine: ‘I’m going to take the shot’
- 2 people found dead in High Point after murder-suicide on East Martin Luther King Jr. Drive