ASHEVILLE, NC (WSPA) – Asheville Police Department officials said a man faces charges after he reportedly attacked someone with a machete during an argument in downtown Asheville Tuesday morning.
According to a news release, officers were called to a fight in progress at the Hot Spot on Asheland Avenue at around 9:45 a.m.
A preliminary investigation revealed that two people were involved in an argument and a third person then “suddenly attacked one of the others with a machete.”
The victim reportedly only suffered minor injuries.
Officers took Keyon Shagari Harris, 40, of Asheville into custody and charged him with assault with a deadly weapon and injury to personal property.
He was taken to the Buncombe County Detention Center, where he was being held on $3,000 bond.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- ‘World’s loneliest elephant’ starts trip to sanctuary with other elephants
- 11 wounded in ‘mass shooting’ at Grenada biker club
- Carolina Panthers fall to Minnesota Vikings; now 4-8 on the season
- Zoom invite scam: Don’t click that phony ‘reactivate’ or ‘reschedule’ link!
- Biden plans swift moves to protect and advance LGBTQ rights