GREENSBORO, N.C. — The victim has died after a shooting in Greensboro on Monday night, according to a news release from Greensboro police.
Officers were called to the 1000 block of Logan Street at 9:47 p.m. on a report of shooting.
Officers found 30-year-old Lashon Ellerbe, of Greensboro, suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim was taken to a local hospital.
Ellerbe later died of his injuries.
The case is now under investigation as a homicide.
No suspect information has been released and there is no word on what led up to the shooting.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Greensboro police at (336) 373-1000.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Baseball legend Hank Aaron dies at age of 86
- Police identify victims after man and teen killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Helmet cam video shows Winston-Salem firefighters face fire on Sides Village Drive; 12 people displaced