Man dies from injuries after Walnut Cove fire


1400 block of Rothrock Road (Google Maps)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WALNUT COVE, N.C. — A man died Sunday after he was burned in a fire Saturday in Walnut Cove, authorities said today.

The incident happened at 7:41 p.m. in a house fire at 1473 Rothrock Road, Stokes County Fire Marshall Brian Booe said in a post on the Stokes County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page.

Witnesses told Walnut Cove firefighters that they saw a man on fire come out of the house, authorities said. Witnesses used water to extinguish the flames, but the man had severe burns, authorities said.

The man was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, where he later died. His identity has not been released.

Read more: Winston-Salem Journal

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


get the app

My FOX8 News App

Follow FOX8 on Twitter