RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. — A man was arrested in Randolph County and charged with indecent liberties with a child, according to a news release.
On Nov. 12, the Randolph County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Faith Rock Road area of Franklinville in reference to a sexual offense.
Following the investigation, warrants were obtained for the arrest of Billy Joe Lepper for five counts of felony first-degree statutory sex offense, and 10 counts of felony indecent liberties with a child.
On Nov. 24, Lepper was arrested and transported to the Randolph County Detention Center where he was taken before a magistrate and his bond was set for $350,000.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- ‘Takeout Pledge’ aims to help local businesses in Winston-Salem
- A pandemic-proof restaurant? A Greensboro gastropub may have a solution and it starts with a virtual kitchen
- Old Salem goes viral on TikTok
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot