GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — A man was arrested and charged with murder on Friday following a party bus shooting earlier in the month that left two people dead, according to a Guilford County Sheriff’s Office news release.
Tyquan Jhaniek Harris, 28, was charged and served with two warrants for arrest for first-degree murder.
At the time of the shooting, authorities said Harris, who was also shot, was in serious condition in the hospital.
He is now receiving medical treatment in prison.
The victims were identified as Randy Hargraves Jr. and Key-Shawn Cooley, both from Durham.
The business operating the party bus was Clipper Gang Elite Transportation based out of Wake County.
One witness who did not want to be identified told FOX8 he was driving on Interstate 85 at Interstate 73 in Guilford County when the large party bus in front of him started swerving, blocking lanes of traffic. He and other drivers zigzagged along the highway to avoid an accident.
Then he heard gunfire. Another witness tells us she heard three shots ring out.
FOX8 learned the owner of the company Willie Johnston, was driving the bus. A friend of Johnston’s says the owner’s son was also on the bus and did not survive.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Community reflects on 1-year anniversary of John Neville Jr.’s death
- Historic Magnolia House in Greensboro offers shoebox meals via delivery apps
- Winston-Salem man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Light the Night kicks off in downtown Greensboro
- SC lawmakers to consider home alcohol deliveries in 2021