BURLINGTON, N.C. — A man is facing charges after he allegedly held a woman against her will and assaulted her, according to a news release from Burlington police.
James Russell Gilmore, 53, is charged with first-degree kidnapping and assault on a female.
Officers were called to the 800 block of Huffman Mill Road at 10:21 a.m. Tuesday on a report of a woman possibly being held against her will.
When officers arrived, the got enough information to charge Gilmore.
The victim, a 62-year-old woman, said she was held against her will for approximately three days and assaulted by Gilmore.
Gilmore and the victim had been dating each other off and on before the incident, police said.
Gilmore is being held with no bond.
Anyone with additional information on this case can call Burlington police at (336) 229-3500.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- ‘I wish my son was still here’: Mother of High Point homicide victim wants gun violence to stop
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge
- Greensboro working with bar owners to make nightlife scene safer
- ‘We are praying’: Neighbors hope for healing after 7-year-old shot in NC
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices