ROCKINGHAM COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — Rockingham County Narcotics Detectives have charged David Wayne Cox, 41 of Madison, in connection to an indoor grow operation in Madison, according to a Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office news release.
As a result of the investigation, detectives seized 13 marijuana plants in various stages of grown, six guns, two grow tents, lighting and ventilation system, 26.2 grams of Psilocybin (mushrooms) and approximately 6 ounces of packaged marijuana.
Cox faces the following charges:
- felony manufacturing marijuana
- felony possession of marijuana
- felony maintain dwelling for the purpose of selling a controlled substance
- felony possession of psilocybin
- misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
- misdemeanor child abuse
He was placed in the Rockingham County Detention Facility under a $25,000 secured bond.