WASHINGTON (WBTW) — Senator Lindsey Graham took to Twitter Friday to call for $2,000 stimulus checks which were shot down multiple times, saying the checks are “not socialism,” but “necessary in the times in which we live.”
“The country is being overwhelmed by #COVID, hospitals are full, and businesses are hanging by a thread,” Graham said. “Direct payments may not be most efficient way to help people in need, but given the situation we face are extremely necessary.”
Graham also told President Trump to “keep fighting for the American people who are suffering” and to push for a standalone vote.
The showdown between the outgoing president and his own Republican Party over the $2,000 checks has thrown Congress into a chaotic year-end session just days before new lawmakers are set to be sworn into office.
Graham also called for the $2,000 stimulus checks last week after spending Christmas Day golfing with Trump.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Texas lawmakers concerned about COVID-19 risk as migrants gain entry to the US
- States easing virus restrictions despite experts’ warnings
- Reese’s unveils peanut butter cups – without the best ingredient!
- NC man uses own set of lucky numbers, wins $235,750
- NC House reps file bill to fund workers, small businesses with billions in unreserved cash