DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A Lexington man was arrested on a child sex abuse charge, according to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office.
On Tuesday, detectives arrested Curtis Doyle Watts Jr., 37, of Lexington, on a charge of indecent liberties with a minor, possession of methamphetamines and possession of drug paraphernalia.
In September, deputies launched an investigation into a report of possible sexual abuse.
Detectives say that a child told a forensic interviewer at the Dragonfly House in Mocksville about the alleged incident.
Detectives spoke with Watts before charging him.
Watts received a $100,000 secured bond on the indecent liberties charge and a $5,000 securedbond on the possession charges.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- 11 actions Biden has promised to take on ‘Day One’ as president
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after Delaware send-off
- Rhode Island woman donates $1.7 million house to community center
- Tips for turning those old family photos into a family history book
- NC religious leaders warn of possible attacks on churches