(NewsNationNow) — Nestlé Prepared Foods has recalled some Lean Cuisine baked-chicken meal products after complaints about hard, white plastic found among the food, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Approximately 92,206 pounds of the 8 5/8-ounce carton trays of Lean Cuisine baked chicken with “white meat chicken with stuffing, red skin mashed potatoes & gravy.” The products contain the lot code 0246595911 and a “best before” date of October 2021.
Officials were notified of the problem after five complaints about the packaged meals manufactured on Sep. 2 by Nestle, which believes the plastic pieces are from a plastic conveyor belt that broke while producing mashed potatoes in the meals.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- NC Justice Center announces free treatment for uninsured COVID-19 patients
- 1 dead, 2 injured in New York supermarket shooting; police searching for suspect
- Church leaders seek Home Depot boycott on Georgia voting law
- April is Autism awareness month
- Watch Live: Vanessa Guillen press conference in Austin