House catches fire after NC man falls asleep while frying french fries

News

(Getty Images)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DURHAM, N.C. — Durham fire officials said they were dispatched to a fire overnight after a man fell asleep while frying french fries on the stove, WTVD reports.

Firefighters arrived to a fire in the 3200 block of Duke Homestead Road just before 3 a.m., said Deputy Fire Chief Chris Iannuzzi.

Officials said the resident of the home was awakened by the smoke alarm after falling asleep while frying fries on the stove.

The fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen, attic and roof.

There were no injuries, officials said.

The adult and two children were displaced but are staying with relatives, according to WTVD.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter