HIGH POINT, N.C. — High Point Transit is halting operations after an employee tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a news release.
The pause went into effect on Friday.
High Point Transit says it is possible that other transit employees were exposed.
HPT will halt all routes until they can implement a modified schedule.
Officials are working to determine a modified schedule based on current staffing.
All vehicles will be sanitized thoroughly in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines.
The High Point Transit System says they continually followed federal, state and local sanitation guidelines of the facility.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Greensboro family escapes carbon monoxide poisoning on Thanksgiving Day thanks to detector
- Man found dead in Virginia river in October identified as missing High Point man; no signs of foul play
- 2 injured in head-on crash in Kernersville
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy
- Technology helping Santa save Christmas