LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Hawaii couple was arrested this week after boarding a flight despite having tested positive for COVID-19.
The couple, from Wailua, Kauai, was arrested Sunday for reckless endangerment after getting on a flight traveling from San Francisco to Lihue.
Police said the man and woman, both age 46, knew they had tested positive for the virus and placed other passengers on the flight in “danger of death.”
Police also said they were traveling with a child.
The couple posted bail, which was set at $1,000 each.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, launching trial
- Baseball legend Hank Aaron dies at age of 86
- Police identify victims after man and teen killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Helmet cam video shows Winston-Salem firefighters face fire on Sides Village Drive; 12 people displaced
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine