GREENSBORO, N.C. — In the first episode of Hauntings in the Piedmont, we introduce you to Greensboro Assistant City Manager Chris Wilson. Chris, who’s worked for the city since he was 19, takes us back to the 1990s when he worked as a park ranger at Bur-Mil Park. There, he says he was haunted by the spirit of a woman on a night which changed his outlook on life, and the afterlife, forever. This is the interview that inspired the podcast, thanks to the vivid nature and detail of Chris’ storytelling.
Hauntings in the Piedmont is FOX8’s podcast detailing tales of haunts in North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad. From city employees experiencing what they describe as the “freakiest thing” they’ve ever seen, to spirits which seem to continue to make their presence known and a haunted bridge known nationwide, we talked with people who claim to have had firsthand supernatural experiences, as well as those who say they’ve solved decades-long mysteries.
An idea which was originally intended to be a simple miniseries for television, this blossomed into a podcast simply based on the passionate storytellers you’ll be introduced to. With minimal editing, these stories are told in their own words and largely uninterrupted, just in time for Halloween.
Subscribe to “Hauntings in the Piedmont”:
Other FOX8 original podcasts
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Community reflects on 1-year anniversary of John Neville Jr.’s death
- Historic Magnolia House in Greensboro offers shoebox meals via delivery apps
- Winston-Salem man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Light the Night kicks off in downtown Greensboro
- SC lawmakers to consider home alcohol deliveries in 2021