GREENSBORO, N.C. — Ivan Da Silva and Marcelo Cremonese, both of Greensboro, cashed in on Friday’s $175,114 Cash 5 jackpot, according to an NC Education Lottery news release.
The roommates bought their winning ticket using their own numbers from the Big Boys Market on West Market Street in Greensboro.
Da Silva and Cremonese claimed their prize Monday at lottery headquarters in Raleigh.
They split the jackpot and each took home $61,947 after required federal and state tax withholdings.
Carolina Cash 5 tickets are $1 and drawings are held every night. Tuesday’s jackpot is $165,000.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Netflix buys the complete works of ‘Charlie and Chocolate Factory’ author Roald Dahl
- ‘My entire foot looked like a sausage’: Snakebite victim learns hard lesson on hiking trail
- Woman found dead in refrigerator ID’d as retired LA County sheriff’s sergeant
- LIVE: Dive team joins search for person of interest in Gabby Petito’s death, Brian Laundrie
- Woman last known to be headed to Greyhound Bus Station in Charlotte now missing for nearly 3 weeks