GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro police began a homicide investigation on Wednesday after a man died from injuries that were consistent with a gunshot wound, according to a Greensboro Police Department news release.
At about 3:25 a.m., police responded to an assault on the 600 block of Dolley Madison Road.
At the scene, officers found the victim, 63-year-old Mark Freedman, in a vehicle.
Freedman died, and his next of kin has been notified.
Later in the morning, police declared the case a death investigation and blocked off the area in front of Mark’s Restaurant near West Friendly Avenue.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Greensboro/Guilford Crime Stoppers at (336) 373-1000.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- NC woman plans to spoil dogs with $200,000 lottery win: ‘Now you can sure have all the chicken jerky treats you want’
- Elephant herd brings in Halloween season by smashing giant pumpkins
- Woman leaves ‘help note’ at cash register of SC Food Lion
- Billy Queen is running for sheriff of Guilford County
- Is whole milk worse for kids than low-fat milk? Study puts end to dairy debate