GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro police began a homicide investigation on Wednesday after a man died from injuries that were consistent with a gunshot wound, according to a Greensboro Police Department news release.
At about 3:25 a.m., police responded to an assault on the 600 block of Dolley Madison Road.
At the scene, officers found the victim, 63-year-old Mark Freedman, in a vehicle.
Freedman died, and his next of kin has been notified.
Later in the morning, police declared the case a death investigation and blocked off the area in front of Mark’s Restaurant near West Friendly Avenue.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Greensboro/Guilford Crime Stoppers at (336) 373-1000.
Latest headlines from FOX8
Latest Greensboro News
- LGBTQ-friendly church in Greensboro OK with getting Southern Baptist boot
- Street racing in Greensboro sparks concerns with cars ‘routinely’ driving over 100 mph, captain says
- Man charged with felony hit-and-run after pedestrian killed in Greensboro, police say
- Fugitive suspected of stealing Capitol police uniform during Jan. 6 riot arrested in Greensboro
- Interstate 40 crash shuts down 2 lanes near Elm-Eugene Street in Greensboro
- Serious injury reported after vehicle hit pole in Greensboro