GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police have linked a Greensboro man to a series of hotel robberies that began in February.
Tracey Demont Humphries, 52, faces six counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon and two counts of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Humphries is accused of showing a firearm to hotel clerks and demanding money at eight different hotels.
According to a news release, interviews with witness and surveillance video connects Humphries to the following crimes:
- Feb. 22 robbery of Sleep Inn at Sharps Airpark Court
- Feb 24 robbery of Battleground Inn at 1517 Westover Terrace
- Feb 28 attempted robbery of Hampton Inn at 3033 High Point Road
- March 16 robbery of the Econo Lodge at 120 E. Seneca Drive
- March 18 robbery of the Extended Stay at 1705 Stanley Road
- March 20 robbery of the Holiday Inn Express at 3111 Cedar Park Road
- March 22 attempted robbery of the Microtel at 4304 Big Tree Road
- March 22 robbery of the Holiday Inn Express at 645 S. Regional Road
No one was hurt in any of the incidents.