GREENSBORO, N.C. — Firefighters in Greensboro are mourning the loss of one of their own.
Ramziddin El-Amin, a 21-year-veteran of the Greensboro Fire Department, died Sunday after a battle with cancer, according to a statement released by the Professional Firefighters of Greensboro.
The full statement is provided below:
“We are saddened this morning to inform you of the death of Local 947 member Ramziddin El-Amin.
El-Amin was a 21-year veteran of the Greensboro Fire Department and a long-time Local 947 member. He was assigned to Engine 19 on B-Shift. In August, he was diagnosed with Stage 3 Lymphoma. Since that time, he battled courageously against the cancer. Sadly, he succumbed this morning in the ICU at Chapel Hill at approximately 07:30.
He will be sorely missed by family, friends, fellow firefighters, and a community that is grateful for his two decades of selfless service.
Please keep the El-Amin family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.”
Latest headlines from FOX8
Latest Greensboro News
- Guilford County authorities cracking down on illegal ATV, dirt bike activity
- 1 shot, killed in Greensboro on O’Brien Street, police say
- New Greensboro Dollar General opens
- Greensboro walk to address homelessness
- Fire breaks out at North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro
- About 100 NC A&T State freshmen moving into hotel to start school year