This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Good news. Should your home be damaged by space debris, the repairs should be covered by the standard homeowner policy.

According to a statement from State Farm sent to FOX8, while claims are handled on a case-by-case basis, damage from space debris is classified as “falling objects” and is covered under a standard homeowner policy.

Under the auto policy, missiles or falling objects would be covered under comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage under many automobile policies would include losses due to missiles, falling objects, windstorm, hail, fire, explosion, earthquake, water, theft, vandalism, riot, or being hit by a bird or animal.

Falling objects are not covered by comprehensive coverage.

You’re welcome, folks. You’re welcome.