Girl, 14, injured after e-cigarette explodes on Universal’s Hogwarts Express


The Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando. (Universal Orlando)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ORLANDO, Fla. — A 14-year-old girl was injured after an e-cigarette exploded inside a Universal Orlando attraction, according to Orlando police.

The incident happened Saturday just after 3 p.m. inside one of the compartments on the Hogwarts Express. Eight people were inside the train’s compartment at the time—three male teens and a family of five from Tennessee.

According to police, the e-cigarette exploded inside the pocket of one of the teens. The 14-year-old girl was injured on her right side. She was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and treated for her injuries.

Police say one of the young men was likely injured in the small explosion too, however the three fled the park before officers were notified.

The ride was temporarily shut down, according to police. Hogwarts Express has since reopened.

No additional information has been released.

Source: CFN13

Trademark and Copyright 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter