Francis Eugene “Gene” Stafford, the founder of the Colfax Persimmon Festival and a well-known photographer for Our State Magazine, has passed away. He was 78.
Stafford died on Tuesday after a short illness, according to the Pierce-Jefferson Funeral Home.
Stafford was featured many times on FOX8’s Roy’s Folks.
He is survived by numerous cousins, extended family and friends.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Mom describes allergic reaction to Moderna vaccine
- WS/FC Schools installing new air filtration systems to make classes safer for students and teachers
- High Point police chief reflects on 2020
- Georgia Tech has 3 players score 20+ in rout of Clemson
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration