Francis Eugene “Gene” Stafford, the founder of the Colfax Persimmon Festival and a well-known photographer for Our State Magazine, has passed away. He was 78.
Stafford died on Tuesday after a short illness, according to the Pierce-Jefferson Funeral Home.
Stafford was featured many times on FOX8’s Roy’s Folks.
He is survived by numerous cousins, extended family and friends.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Families concerned about state of Randleman cemetery
- Guilford County health official says COVID metrics in Piedmont trending in wrong direction
- Eden man says battle with COVID-19 is changing people’s minds about vaccine: ‘I’m going to take the shot’
- 2 people found dead in High Point after murder-suicide on East Martin Luther King Jr. Drive
- Duke researchers working to prevent the next pandemic