First Med employees in Wilmington find out they are jobless on Facebook

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WILMINGTON, N.C. — Employees of First Med in Wilmington said they were not allowed into work on Saturday morning, and news of the company shutdown was announced on social media.

According to WECT, their suspicions were confirmed after they saw the news on Facebook.

The door codes of the First Med office in downtown Wilmington had been changed and the employees had been locked out of their computers.

As of Sunday night, the employees still had not gotten a formal call letting them know that the company had ceased operations.

More than 50 employee were reported to be left jobless.

They say not only are they concerned about losing their jobs around the holidays, but are also concerned about the patients who depend on them for dialysis treatments.

It was reported that a spokesperson for the company says the official policy of the company is that they have “ceased operation.”

Source: WECT

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter