2 people without home after firefighters put out house fire in Winston-Salem

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Two people are without a home after firefighters put out a house fire in Winston-Salem Saturday.

One of the people was rescued and both were taken to the hospital and released.

Firefighters responded to the call at 10:09 a.m. and several pets were rescued.

The fire started in the kitchen before moving up to the attic.

The fire was reportedly caused by food on the stove.

American Red Cross reached out to the family, fire officials say.

Police and firefighters in Winston-Salem shut down Martin Luther King Jr. drive while they worked two separate incidents throughout the day, according to a City of Winston-Salem news release.

The road was reportedly shut down from the 1400 block toward the 1900 block.

Police are manning down powerlines that cross the road in the 1400 block of Martin Luther King Jr Drive.

Duke power is also on the scene.

Firefighters put out the house fire in the 1800 block.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter