Fire kills 6 puppies at High Point residence

News

(Stock photo)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

HIGH POINT, N.C. — A dog kennel in the backyard of a High Point residence was destroyed Monday afternoon by a fire that killed six puppies.

The fire was reported at 1007 Forrest  St. at 2:23 p.m., according to High Point Fire Department Chief Michael Foster.

A heat lamp was left on to keep the dogs warm. The cause of the fire is undetermined because the heat lamp was connected to an extension cord, so investigators do not know if the heat lamp was close to combustibles or if there was an electrical malfunction with the extension cord.

When firefighters arrived, the mother dog ran out of the kennel but the puppies did not make it.

The dogs appeared to be pit bulls. It is unclear if the owner was breeding them.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter