Fire displaces family, damages apartment in Winston-Salem

News

(Stock photo)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Food left on a stove caused a fire in an apartment at 3610 High Meadows Drive and displaced the family living there, authorities said Tuesday.

No one was injured.

The fire started about 7:30 p.m. in the apartment, the Winston-Salem Fire Department said.

It took 10 firefighters about five minutes to put out the fire in the city’s northwestern section.

The fire caused $6,000 in damage, the fire department said. The American Red Cross assisted one adult and three children displaced by the fire.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories