Fire destroys Asheboro business

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ASHEBORO, N.C. — A fire reportedly destroyed an Asheboro business on Saturday morning.

The Asheboro Courier-Tribune reports the two-alarm fire, which was reported just before 5:15 a.m., gutted the interior of the Lightly Used Appliances retail store at 823 West Salisbury St.

A total of 31 firefighters responded to the scene.  The Courier-Tribune reports it took them about 1 1/2 hours to get the blaze under control.

Authorities detoured traffic in the surrounding area for more than six hours, the paper reports.

The cause of the fire is still being determined, but investigators do not believe it to be suspicious.

No injuries were reported.

Read more:

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter