RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. — A garage with treasured family items inside burned down in Randolph County Friday afternoon.
The fire happened around 4 p.m. on Hearthside Drive, south of Trinity.
The homeowner said his son’s high school wrestling state trophies were in the building.
There was also a lot of refrigeration equipment inside, as the homeowner had been in that business for 42 years.
The homeowner said the garage cost about $60,000 to build and was the first thing the family built on their property.
It is unclear if Friday’s storms had anything to do with the fire.
Here’s what the garage used to look like. It was the first thing the owners built on their property.
Now it’s in ruins. pic.twitter.com/BOmQA2EbhW
— Theo Dorsey (@BrandonTheoD) April 19, 2019