Family of 7 escapes burning home in Winston-Salem; pet cat dies in fire

News

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A family of seven lost everything when a fire erupted at a home in Winston-Salem.

At about 7:45 a.m. Friday, the Winston-Salem Fire Department responded to the house fire at 23rd Street and Cleveland Avenue. The fire department shared video of scene on Twitter.

Firefighters believe that something fell on a space heater in a child’s bedroom, causing the heater to catch fire.

The fire quickly consumed the home.

A mother, father and five children under the age of 12 were able to escape. The family cat, however, did not.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter