EDEN, N.C. — An Eden man died when his car crashed into a tree, according to a State Highway Patrol news release.
At 12:06 a.m. on Friday, the State Highway Patrol responded to the report of a crash that happened on Price Road in Rockingham County.
Bradley Dean Merritt, 20, of Eden, was going east in a 2003 Honda passenger car.
Merritt traveled across the centerline, overcorrected, and traveled off the roadway to the right.
Merritt then crossed a ditch on the right shoulder and then crashed into a tree.
He died at the scene.
Speed and failure to wear a seatbelt are the primary contributing factors to the severity of this crash, troopers say.
Troopers cleared the scene at 1:45 a.m.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Woman taken into custody after crime spree, shooting in Guilford County
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- Guilford County-wide advisory group aimed at tackling crippling numbers of coronavirus cases
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway
- Asheboro couple makes fun folk toys