Dry shampoo bottle explodes in St. Louis woman’s vehicle, destroys sunroof

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

ST LOUIS — A mother is warning others about leaving certain beauty products in hot cars after a bottle of dry shampoo exploded in her daughter's car, blowing off the sunroof.

Christine Debrecht said her daughter left her dry shampoo in her vehicle all day and they discovered the sunroof had been blown off.

She said the product does have a warning on it that it cannot be warmed but she knows it's easy for some people to forget, so she wanted to put out a reminder.

Debrecht told KTVI she was relived her 19-year-old daughter wasn't in the vehicle when the bottle exploded.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories

MOST POPULAR

Follow FOX8 on Twitter