GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — A driver faces charges after allegedly crashing into a tractor-trailer on Interstate 40/85, near Rock Creek Dairy Road, in Guilford County, according to Highway Patrol.
At about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, troopers responded to the crash.
According to Highway Patrol, Keyana Diane Gardoski, 26, of McLeansville, was driving east in a 2015 Honda passenger car while an empty 2013 Peterbilt tractor-trailer tanker was heading in the same direction. The tractor-trailer was being operated for Shamrock Environmental Corporation of Browns Summit N.C.
Troopers say Gardoski tried to change lanes and hit the tanker before crashing into the median wall.
The tractor-trailer stopped in the road.
Gardoski was taken to a hospital for minor injuries. The driver of the tanker was not hurt.
Gardoski was charged with making an unsafe lane change.
Two lanes of the highway were closed for a few hours.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Thin Hair Thick put to the Deal or Dud test
- Restoring trust after Johnson & Johnson vaccine pause
- E.T. Highway has welcomed Earthlings for 25 years
- Cop, police chief resign 2 days after Black motorist’s death
- SC family returns from Disney to find $40,000 of damage to their home; kids responsible won’t face charges