Dad, 52, dies days after reaction to copperhead snake bite

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A man died in Alabama three days after being bit by a copperhead snake while walking the family’s new puppy at a lake house, FOXNews reported.

The man’s brother said on Facebook that Oliver “Chum” Baker became unconscious within two minutes of the bite and was immediately given CPR and medical attention.

The 52-year-old father of two was flown to a hospital, where he was in a coma and in critical condition. He died a few days later.

Reb Baker said his brother had an allergic reaction to the snake bite. “His organs just couldn’t recover,” he said.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter