McLENNAN COUNTY, Texas (KWKT) – A woman involved in the murder of then-Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillén received a 30-year prison sentence Monday for her involvement in the murder.

Judge Alan D. Albright announced Cecily Ann Aguilar’s sentence after going into a short recess following Guillén’s family testimony during the sentencing hearing about their deep grief following her death.


Crime News

Read more crime news on

Earlier Monday, Texas Ranger Justin Duck testified regarding the role Aguilar played in Guillén’s disappearance. After Guillén was reported missing, Duck said he had several conversations with Aguilar because her boyfriend, Aaron Robinson, was the last person to see Guillén.

It wasn’t until the authorities discovered human remains by the Leon River that Aguilar confessed. Aguilar admitted to helping Aaron Robinson dismember and bury the body of Vanessa Guillén.

Aguilar is the last surviving person charged in connection with the death of Vanessa Guillén.

Aguilar entered a guilty plea to four lesser charges connected to the murder of U.S. Army Specialist Vanessa Guillén. She appeared before Judge Jeffrey C. Manske in November 2022, where she admitted to being an accessory after the fact and making false statements to law enforcement.

Guillén disappeared in April 2020 after meeting with Specialist Aaron Robinson in an arms room on Fort Hood. Guillén’s body was found in July 2020. Robinson later killed himself when confronted by authorities about Guillén’s disappearance. Aguilar was facing eleven counts connected to Guillén’s murder – including tampering with documents and conspiracy to tamper with documents and proceedings.

According to a report released in April 2021, investigators say Guillén was sexually harassed and reported it on two separate occasions, creating a hostile environment. They say Guillén’s leaders failed to take appropriate action, and that the allegations were not moved up the chain of command. Investigators also say Robinson did not harass Guillén, but that he did sexually harass another soldier between April 2019 to September 2019.

According to the report, the Acting Senior Commander of Fort Hood misjudged the significance of SPC Guillén’s disappearance, and he was overly reluctant to engage the media – misjudging how big of an event it would become.

By the time Fort Hood reversed course, the investigators say the post lost the trust of the Guillén Family and damaged the trust, confidence and reputation of Fort Hood and the U.S. Army.