RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A couple found a safe way for a loved one to watch them tie the knot, despite the coronavirus pandemic.
Harvey Sydnor and his wife Virginia Whitlock held a wedding ceremony at her grandmother’s living facility.
As a result of COVID-19, grandma couldn’t watch them get married for the first time, so they brought the ceremony to her front door.
The heartwarming incident unfolded in Richmond earlier this month at the Winsor Senior Center.
In the video, the grandmother is seen watching the ceremony behind a windowed door.
The event was organized by the former activities director Christina Stott.
Watch the full video below:
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Winston-Salem police investigating after man shot, killed at gaming establishment
- Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows
- Mega Millions ticket sold in NC wins $2 million prize
- Michigan Mega Millions ticket wins $1 billion jackpot
- ‘Several’ killed in deadly crash in Myrtle Beach; others injured