“Glee” star Cory Monteith died as a result of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” the British Columbia Coroners Service said Tuesday.
“The cause of death was a mixed drug toxicity… and it involved heroin, primarily, and alcohol,” said B.C. Coroner Services spokeswoman Barb McLintock.
Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room after he missed his checkout time.
Monteith spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.