BURLINGTON, N.C. — Cars lined the road as people waited for their opportunity to get the coronavirus vaccine in Burlington.
The Alamance County Health Department entered Phase 1b with the state, meaning people ages 75 and older can now get the coronavirus vaccine.
Vaccinations are happening at the Career and Technical Education Center in Burlington through January.
The county plans to continue vaccinating people included in Phase 1a, and those within the first group of Phase 1b have made appointments to receive the vaccine.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- 8 dead in mass shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility, shooter dead
- Activate this ‘hidden’ Facebook feature to protect your account from hackers
- Florida couple accused of starving, locking up 50-pound teen, siblings
- Day of Remembrance: Friday marks 14 years since deadly Virginia Tech mass shooting
- Can police stop drivers over air fresheners?