FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. — Investigators in Forsyth County say a construction worker was killed Thursday when the tractor-trailer bed he was in caught on fire, trapping him inside.
It happened around 1:30 p.m. on Belews Creek Road, according to an official.
The identity of the construction worker has not been released.
The victim was unloading a delivery of pine straw, pushing toward the doors of the trailer, when a spark caught the pine straw on fire.
The worker was trapped and died.
The county fire marshal is investigating.