WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) — The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued three people stranded on an island on the North Carolina coast after their boat had drifted off.
A news release says personnel at the Coast Guard Sector North Carolina command center received word on Tuesday that three people were stranded on Racoon Island after their 21-foot craft drifted away.
The command center dispatched a boat crew from the Hobucken station.
The crew put the three unidentified people on the boat and took them to the Cedar Island National Wildlife Refuge Boat Ramp in Cedar Island.
No injuries were reported.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- ‘Takeout Pledge’ aims to help local businesses in Winston-Salem
- A pandemic-proof restaurant? A Greensboro gastropub may have a solution and it starts with a virtual kitchen
- Old Salem goes viral on TikTok
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot