Cigarette sparks fire at Econo Lodge in Eden

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

EDEN, N.C. — A lit cigarette left out sparked a fire at a hotel in Eden, according to the fire department.

Firefighters responded at about 1:17 a.m. Thursday morning to the Econo Lodge on Van Buren Road.

The fire, which was ruled accidental, forced police to evacuate the building.

No one was injured.

According the fire department, the building will still be able to operate as there was no serious structural damage.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Must-See Stories

More Must-See Stories


Follow FOX8 on Twitter